Looking for a speedy way to cook a Turkey while packing a ton of flavor? The Montana Mex Team has you covered! Spatchcocking a turkey cuts down the cooking time substantially while still allowing the turkey to retain its juiciness. It's a little different to prepare, but trust us, you will thank us for how much time it saves you (and how much more time you'll have for watching football or debating with that one uncle of yours).
Learn how to Spatchcock a turkey here
- 1 Spatchcock Turkey
- 3 gallons of water
- 2 containers of Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning (6.8oz)
- 1 cup table salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 carrots
- 3 onions
- 1 pomegranate
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of sage
- Remove the neck and giblets from the Turkey
- Take 3 gallons of water, add one whole container of Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning (3.4oz), add the table salt and swirl until dissolved.
- Place the turkey in the mixture and brine it for 4 hours in the fridge.
- Dance about the house and enjoy life 😊
- Drain the turkey, pat it dry with paper towels and put it on a sheet tray on top of a bed of roughly chopped carrots and onions.
- Coat the turkey in olive oil and roast it at 450 degrees for 1 hour.
- Baste the turkey and put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Then coat the turkey in Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning, using as much of the second container as desired and put it back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Then pull it out, let it rest for 20 minutes before carving it up.
- In a pan lightly fry the thyme and sage leaves… use them to decorate the turkey and for a splash of color and sweetness serve with pomegranate jewels.
- Enjoy with Friends and Family!