Serve size: Serves 4-6 Prep | Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 min
- 3 Tablespoons Montana Mex Mild Chile Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Montana Mex Avocado Oil
- 2 Teaspoons lime zest
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Pinch cinnamon
- 1 Chicken (3.5-4 lbs.), spatchcocked
- As needed cilantro
- 2 Whole peaches, halved
- 2 Whole apricot, halved
- 1 Whole nectarines
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel, fresh
- 3 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 Cup blueberries
- Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning
- Combine Montana Mex Chile Seasoning oil in a small bowl with lime zest and juice, garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and cinnamon to form a wet paste. Place the chicken cut-side down and flatten with the heel of your hand to break the breastbone.
- Generously smear the spice rub under and over the skin and on the interior of the bird. Place in a nonreactive baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until a fire is established (4-5 minutes). Turn temperature to 400 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the butterflied chicken breast bone-side down on the grill grate and cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part without touching bone registers 165°F.
- Transfer to a platter and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with some cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 400 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grill apricots, nectarines, and peaches for 3 to 4 minutes per side. They should have grill marks and a light smoky taste.
- For the Balsamic Reduction: In a pan on the stove over medium heat, add balsamic vinegar, 3 Tbsp honey and the orange peel. Let simmer and reduce to a medium thick consistency.
- Arrange grilled stone fruits on a plate surrounding chicken, sprinkle berries, and drizzle balsamic reduction atop all of the fruit.