Traditionally Pesto is built with Basil leaves, however a sauce like Pesto can easily transform by swapping Orach in place of Basil. I add Lemon Balm because I find it adds a delicate and interesting aroma and flavor.
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup - packed Orach leaves
- ¼ cup - Lemon Balm leaves
- 2 cloves - Garlic
- 3/4 cup - Montana Mex, extra virgin Avocado Oil
- 3 Tablespoons - Water
- To taste - Salt & Black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor or blender, blend on high speed for a minute until smooth and desired consistency is reached.
- Check taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Remember you can always add salt but you can’t take it out!
From my table to yours, Bien Provecho!
courtesy of Chef Eduardo Garcia