There are many variations on this dish. This happens to be one of our absolute favorites.
Prep time: 5 min(for pesto)
Cooking time: 15-20 min
Total time: 20-25 min
Serves: as many ears as you put on the grill!
- 1 tin - Montana Mex mild Chile seasoning
- 1 tin - Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning
- 1 tin - Montana Mex Sweet seasoning
- 1 jar - Mayonnaise
- 8 oz - Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 - Limes
- Build a hot bed of Coals.
- Soak corn in cold water for 10 minutes and then remove and shake off excess water.
- Grill corn on all sides for 15- 20 min until kernels are tender and cooked. Play around with cooking time and extend it out if your preference is for golden brown Kernels.
- Remove from the grill.
- Now the fun part. As soon as you can handle the hot corn(a bbq glove will allow you to get after it immediately!!) Peel the husks back to the stem, remove and discard the silk. Liberally brush Pesto on all sides of Corn.
From my table to yours, Bien Provecho!
courtesy of Chef Eduardo Garcia