Montana Mex's Chef Eduardo Garcia worked with Big Sky Youth Empowerment to create this delicious herb grilled chicken dish.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 40-45 min
Total time: 1.5 hrs or more depending on marinade time
- 3 lb - Chicken thighs & legs, skin on and bone in
- 1 - Orange, juice & zest
- 4 cloves - Garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons - Montana Mex Chile seasoning
- 1 tablespoon - Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning
- 2 tablespoon - Montana Mex sweet seasoning
- 2 cups - fresh Oregano, leaves chopped
- 10 sprigs - fresh Thyme, leaves plucked
- 3 tablespoons - Montana Mex Avocado Oil
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix the marinade and chicken together until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Prepare a bed of Royal Oak charcoal and set the grill grate at least 12” above the coals.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and remove the pieces from the Marinade onto a dish, reserving the marinade. Check that your grill grate is brushed clean and oiled.
- Place the chicken on the grill skin side down and evenly spaced out. Check the chicken every 5-10 min., turn or flip as necessary and keep your eyes peeled for hot spots(areas that are hotter and individual pieces cooking quicker than others).
- Cook for 30-45 minutes (for skinless boneless breast reduce your time by almost half) and brush with marinade periodically to keep the exterior from drying out while also cooking added layers of flavor into the skin. The chicken is ready when it is firm to the touch and the juices run clear when a thigh or breast is pierced with a knife tip or the internal temperature of the Chicken registers at 165*F on an instant read thermometer.
* For a BBQ spin, brush chicken with Montana Mex BBQ sauce towards the last 15 minutes of cooking *
From my table to yours, Bien Provecho!
courtesy of Chef Eduardo Garcia