It seems a little counter-intuitive: grilled salad. Believe us, we wouldn't be posting about it if it wasn't delicious. Try out this inventive twist on a Caesar salad and we guarantee you'll be making it at backyard BBQs for years to come
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 Romaine Hearts
- 2 slices of crusty bread
- Shredded parmesan
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp anchovy paste
- ¼ cup Montana Mex Habanero Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup Montana Mex Avocado oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Brush crusty bread slices with avocado oil and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut romaine hearts lengthwise, leaving core to hold leaves together.
- Place on heated grill for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Mix mayonnaise, anchovy paste, Habanero sauce, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Whisk together as you slowly drizzle in Avocado oil.
- Remove lettuce from the heat. Chop crusty bread into cubes.
- Place crusty bread, freshly shredded parmesan on lettuce and top with dressing.