We love fish sandwiches. A nice piece of breaded fish on a bun with some mayo and veggies is a killer meal and this recipe takes it up another notch. Trust us, you won't be disappointed with these!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
Total Time: 12-13 minutes
- 1lb. catfish fillets
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Montana Mex Chile Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Montana Mex Jalapeño Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Montana Mex Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbl Butter
- 2 buns
- 2 Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 thin slices of yellow onion
- 2 thin slices of beefsteak tomato
Pro tip: To make this dish keto-friendly, omit the cornmeal and season with a heavy hand of Chile and Jalapeño Seasoning
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Montana Mex Habanero Sauce
- 1 tsp Montana Mex Jalapeno Seasoning
- Squeeze of lemon, to taste
- Cut catfish into two portions, to fit the bun.
- Place cornmeal, thyme leaves, MM chile and Jalapeño Seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge catfish in breading.
- Prepare the Habanero Mayo by combining all of the ingredients listed under its ingredient section in a small bowl. Mix together until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Place butter and Montana Mex Avocado oil in warm saute pan. When hot, place breaded catfish in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Place cooked fillet on bun. Top with lettuce, onion and tomato and top with Habanero Mayo.