I daydream about walking the riverbanks and creek bottoms in search of these earthy treasures and, indeed, the many ways to cook the lovely Morel. A simple and elegant Bruschetta is one of my all time favorites! Of course, you can also grab them at the grocery store :)
- 1 lb - Morel mushrooms, fresh, cleaned, patted dry, cut in half lengthwise
- 1- Shallot, quartered and sliced
- 2 - Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups - Heavy Cream
- 10 - Chives chopped or Chive blossoms
- 2-3 Tbsp - Montana Mex Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Splash - White Wine
- To taste - Montana Mex Jalapeno Seasoning
- To taste - Salt & freshly cracked Pepper
- 6 - 8 - Grilled pieces of crusty bread
- In a cast iron or sauté pan over medium-high heat add Montana Mex Avocado Oil and sauté the Morels for approx. 1 min. Add the shallot and cook for an additional 1 min.
- Add the garlic and stir the mushrooms and garlic for no more than 20 seconds as this is just enough to release that fresh garlic flavor.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Remove Morel cream from the heat and season with Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning, Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Cool and hold for up to a day (re-heat gently before serving) or serve immediately!