Combine a little of all three Montana Mex seasonings for a truly winning dry rub. Take some liberties here and adjust the ratios as you’d like to suit your own taste buds. More red chiles, more jalapeño spice, more sweetness? You decide! Below is my favorite blend.
- 1 - Rack of lamb
- 4 Tbsp - Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp - Montana Mex Chile Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp - Montana Mex Jalapeño Seasoning
- A drizzle of Montana Mex Avocado Oil
- A handful of fresh thyme, picked leaves from the stem
- Make sure rack of lamb is dry and wiped clean.
- Drizzle avocado oil on rack and spread oil to cover completely. Cover lamb with fresh thyme and then evenly sprinkle Montana Mex seasoning combo on lamb.
- Grill lamb over Medium-High heat turning every few minutes until the inside temperature of the thickest part of the lamb registers 130°F. This should take 15 min.
- Alternatively, you can pan roast in a heavy skillet or cast iron pan with a splash of Montana Mex Avocado Oil until browned on all sides and then finish in a 350°F oven for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Remove lamb from the grill or oven and allow lamb to rest off the heat for 10 minutes before slicing.