Join us on this uniquely immersive food journey in Montana cattle country.
July 22, 2023 | Exact times TBD
Co-hosted with Wide Sky Adventures on the beautiful Blake Ranch in Big Timber, MT.
We'll spend the day exploring the ranch together on horseback and experience firsthand how the cattle and the land nourish each other on a regenerative range. Our ride will take us through irrigated pastures, shortgrass prairies, and rolling foothills, and we'll participate in low-stress livestock handling as we help move cattle between fences.
Our day will culminate in a shared dinner on the open landscape with breathtaking views of the Crazy Mountains. Dinner will be curated and led by Chef Eduardo Garcia and will be a gastronomic celebration of our thriving local, regenerative food system. Guests are invited to participate and learn about the art of open-fire cookery.
Following dinner, we'll make the final leg of our horseback journey back to the ranch house as the evening sun dances across the Crazy Mountains.
- Gather at the ranch house to meet our safe & gentle ranch horses, receive some basic horsemanship instruction, and saddle up to ride the range.
- Depart on an afternoon ride through the ranch.
- Stretch our legs & eat a sack lunch at one of the many scenic vistas we'll encounter along the way.
- Continue our ride to our dinner location.
- Chef Eduardo and team will stoke the fire & appetites as they prepare our meal out on the range. Guests are encouraged to join in the cooking process or take time for themselves exploring or relaxing.
- Gather around the table & enjoy a meal while we take in the views.
- Enjoy an easy ride back to the ranch house where we'll way our goodbyes.