- 2 medium jalapeno chiles
- 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled, from about 1 head
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- Heat a small cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place the jalapenos and garlic in the hot pan and char until deeply browned in places, about 5 to 8 minutes. The jalapenos should still be a bit firm.
- Remove the stems of the jalapeno and any seeds to adjust the amount of heat desired. Peel the garlic. Add the chile, garlic, cilantro and salt to a food processor and puree into a fine paste. Add the cream cheese to the processor and puree until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.