A friend cooked a version of this dish for me once and I was immediately a fan for life! Cooked on the stove, this is about as simple as it gets, and absolutely delicious with garlic and mint!
- 1 ½ lbs baby beets (purple, golden, Chiogga, whatever's your favorite) scrubbed and topped
- 1 head garlic, separated into individual teeth with paper left on
- 2 tablespoons Montana Mex Avocado Oil
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1 fresh lemon
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add whole beets and Montana Mex Avocado Oil, cover with a lid and cook for approx 20 min.
- Carefully lift lid and add garlic, replace lid and cook for an additional 10 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Before serving cut beets into desired serving size pieces of your choice, and then put them back in the pan.
- Add fresh mint and give it all a good stir, season with a spritz of lemon and a pinch of good sea salt.