Take Montana Mex with you on your next trip outside, whether it’s deep in the forest or simply around the fire pit in your backyard. This recipe for fireside banana boats (helloooo nostalgia!), hits a little different when you add some Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning.
- Bananas, ripe (as many as you have hungry campers)
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- Other toppings, like brandied cherries (for adults), nuts, crushed graham crackers, coconut flakes or peanut butter
- Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning
- Grab a banana. With its peel still on, cut a slit down the front (concave side), deep enough to pull apart, but careful not to pierce all the way through. The banana is acting like a bowl for your sweet toppings.
- Push the banana halves to the sides and pack it with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Now’s the part where you can get creative. Add whatever toppings your heart desires. We went with brandied cherries, in the spirit of a night cap.
- Wrap your banana in aluminum foil.
- Wait until your campfire is low with less flame and beautiful embers.
- Nestle your banana boat (topping side up) amongst the coals. Warm up for 5-10 minutes to achieve a delicious gooey middle.
- Remove from the heat and allow the bananas to cool a bit before opening. Sprinkle with Montana Mex Sweet Seasoning, grab a spoon and dig in!