Homemade croutons, fresh salad dressing, and Montana Mex deliciousness?! This is one Caesar salad you won't want to miss! Perfect for any summertime get-together or a Wednesday night in, you'll be grinning from ear to ear when you bite into this tasty version of a Caesar salad.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 hearts of Romaine Lettuce, chopped into 2”-3” pieces
- 1 cup Montana Mex, extra virgin Avocado Oil (for dressing)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped anchovies/anchovy paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons, water
- 1 teaspoon Montana Mex Jalapeño seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup Montana Mex, extra virgin Avocado Oil (for croutons)
- ½ crusty bread loaf, torn into 2” pieces
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Wash and drain Romaine keeping crisp in refrigerator.
- In a bowl whisk mustard, egg, anchovy, garlic, Montana Mex Jalapeño Seasoning and black pepper. Slowly drizzle and whisk in 1 cup of Montana Mex Avocado Oil. Emphasis on slowly!
- Finish dressing by whisking in lemon juice and water as needed. Check and adjust seasoning to taste.
- For croutons, heat 1/4 cup Montana Mex Avocado Oil in a pan over med heat and fry smashed Garlic until light brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove garlic and add bread. Fry croutons with smashed Garlic until light brown and crispy.
- Combine dressing with lettuce and Croutons in a large bowl and serve garnished with Parmesan.